Membership is an honor and a privilege!
Philoptochos means “friends of the poor” and is the largest women’s philanthropic organization in the United States. St. Katherine’s Chapter at Holy Trinity Cathedral in Phoenix, is outstanding! We have career women, young mothers and super Yia Yias. All support the projects, fundraising, and spirit of our Heritage.
Local charities include:
- Holy Trinity Cathedral Building Fund
- Holy Trinity Benevolent Fund
- Epirotic Society of Arizona
- Greek Orthodox Mission of Northern Arizona
- Christmas Angels
- Philoptochos Scholarship Fund
- Desert Mission
Archdiocese and Diocese commitments include:
- Hellenic College / Holy Cross Seminary
- St. Nicholas Ranch
- Welfare Emergency Relief Fund
- Kids N Cancer Camps
- Cardiac Fund
- St. Basil’s Academy
- Ecumenical Patriarchate
- Our Circle of Angels visits the sick & homebound and delivers gifts during the holidays.
- We provide Mercy Meals and other services at the request of the Priest.
- We dye and beautifully wrap over 800 red eggs for the Pascha service.
- We have a yearly Vasilopita Auction.
- We support OPA, Festival activities, the Seniors Group, and all organizations in our community.
WE ARE THE RIGHT HAND OF THE CHURCH
Alexandra (Alex) Anagnopoulos
Floros & Lauros the Monk-martyrs of Illyria; Hermos; Leontus; John & George, Patriarchs of Constantinople; Relics of Arsenios the Righteous of Paros; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Constantine the New Martyr of Capua; Matthew the New Martyr of Gerakari